- Senator Amy Klobuchar got the most money for third place in New Hampshire Elementary School and spent far less on advertising per delegate than her opponents.
- Klobuchar spent $ 250,000 on television and radio advertising per subscriber she earned in New Hampshire, compared to $ 411,100 for Pete Buttigieg and $ 588,900 for Bernie Sanders, who took first place.
- In addition to the lowest expenses per delegate, Klobuchar also spent the second lowest amount of money per vote, according to the Decision Desk HQ.
- Further information can be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Sen. Bernie Sanders won the New Hampshire area code on February 11, but Sen. Amy Klobuchar got the most money for her third place in the US and spent far less advertising per delegate than her opponents.
New Hampshire has a total of 24 delegates, with eight promised delegates assigned to each of the state's two congressional districts, and another eight PLEO delegates (party leader and elected official) due to the nationwide vote.
In New Hampshire and most other states, candidates must win 15% of the vote in a given area to attract delegates at either the legislative or state level, which means that only three candidates leave New Hampshire with delegates.
Klobuchar spent $ 250,000 on television and radio advertising, compared to $ 411,100 for former Mayor Pete Buttigieg and $ 588,900 for Sanders. According to the company Advertising Analytics,
The other remaining candidates who did not deserve New Hampshire delegates received no return on their investment. Despite a staggering $ 19.2 million spent on television advertising, billionaire Tom Steyer won less than 4 percent of the vote in the country with zero delegates.
Other top candidates, including former Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Elizabeth Warren, who represent the neighboring state of Massachusetts, placed only in the single-digit range of votes and won zero delegates.
Here you can see how much each candidate spent per vote according to Advertising Analytics and election results from the Decision Desk HQ. 93% of the districts report. In addition to spending the least per delegate, Klobuchar also spent the least money per vote:
- Steyer: $ 1,834 per vote
- Andrew Yang: $ 417 per vote
- MP Tulsi Gabbard: $ 106 per vote
- Sanders: $ 71 per vote
- Warren: $ 56 per vote
- Buttigieg: $ 52 per vote
- Klobuchar: $ 26 per vote
- Biden: $ 12 per vote
The outsider Amy Klobuchar shoots in front of Warren and Biden to win the delegates in the New Hampshire area code
Amy Klobuchar gives Pete Buttigieg a surprising run for his money in New Hampshire and sets up a critical rivalry for the rest of the race
Bernie Sanders wins primary school in New Hampshire, making it the new national leader
DELEGATE COUNT: Who will win the 2020 democratic nomination race?