- President Donald Trump did not attend the late MP John Lewis' funeral in Atlanta on Thursday.
- Trump also did not attend memorial services for the civil rights icon in Washington, DC earlier this week.
- Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton each praised Lewis at his funeral.
- Other prominent funerals that Trump did not attend include the late MP Elijah Cummings, MP John Dingell, Senator John McCain, and former First Lady Barbara Bush.
- You can find more stories on the Business Insider homepage.
Former President Barack Obama appeared to be stabbing President Donald Trump at the funeral of late MP John Lewis in Atlanta on Thursday.
"Even when we're sitting here, there are those in power who are doing their utmost to keep people from voting," Obama said during his laudation, apparently referring to Trump's recent unsubstantiated claims that the vote was emailed leads to widespread fraud. "Even if the postal service is undermined in the run-up to an election, it will depend on postal ballot papers so that people don't get sick."
Although he did not mention Trump by name, Obama emphasized that his pointed remarks were not wrong: "I know that this is a celebration of John's life. There are some who could say: & # 39; We should not deal with such things "But that's why I'm talking about it. John Lewis dedicated his time on earth to fighting the attacks on democracy."
He received a standing ovation from the crowd, which was staffed by several notable officials, including former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton – who also gave eulogies – but not Trump.
The president also skipped Lewis & # 39; s Memorial Service in Washington, DC earlier this week.
It's not the first time Trump has missed a funeral despite attending a couple as president, including services for the late Rev. Billy Graham and former President George H.W. Bush.
Here are four prominent funerals Trump didn't attend: