- President Donald Trump shared a tweet on Monday describing him as "fanboying for dictators."
- "I didn't even know there would be a question about it!" Trump tweeted in response to a columnist who cited his comments that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Russian President Vladimir Putin are mentally fit than Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.
- "Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Un don't know anything about the problems Joe has. We need very sharp people. I'm sorry Joe is not qualified for this position," Trump said at his rally in Nevada on Sunday.
- You can find more stories on the Business Insider homepage.
President Donald Trump shared a tweet on Monday describing him as "fanboying for dictators".
– Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 14, 2020
The first line of the tweet, penned by a columnist for the Daily Beast, summed up Trump's comments at a campaign rally in Nevada on Sunday, where he saw North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Russian President Vladimir Putin as "mentally" sharper than him Democratic presidential nominee praised Joe Biden, another norm-damaging attack by a politician who in part built his personal brand on it.
"But you see, I deal with all of these people and they don't have the kind of mental health problems that Sleepy Joe has; they're very sharp," Trump said.
The president presents himself as a tough negotiator with the leaders of these opposing nations, despite a New York Times report that his administration took no action after Russia offered money to attack US troops in Afghanistan and negotiations with North Korea stalled did not force it to renounce its nuclear weapons.
– DJ Judd (@DJJudd) September 14, 2020